Before Sunrise (a V:tR chronicle)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodlines - Mekhet

3 posters

Go down

Bloodlines - Mekhet Empty Bloodlines - Mekhet

Post  static Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 am

Hi everybody! I've tried to do more and more research, and I know some people were curious about bloodlines. And with Mekhet being the most populated Clan out of the troupe, I tried to come up with a list of Mekhet bloodlines.

In a nutshell, Bloodlines are extra bits of 'family lines' within certain Clans. Typically, they are blessed with extra access to a Discipline, be it something among the Five Clans, or a Discipline unique to the bloodline itself. Bloodlines also come with an extra drawback, which balances out the benefits.

Bloodlines are passed from Sire to Childe, and usually manifest when the Childe's blood thickens, at a growth of Blood Potency 2.
Another way one could be 'brought in' to a bloodline is through a Kindred of that bloodline - you must possess the initial Clan that the bloodline derives from, and be Blood Potency of at least 4.

Anyway, here's the list of Mekhet Bloodlines and what perks they get.

Agonistes - A family line that seeks to plumb the origins of vampire society, especially Torpor.
Sangiovanni - Disturbed necromancers whose dark craft is a fiercely guarded secret.
Alucinor - Kindred of a line with a connection to dreams, afflicted by nightmares and able to pass their visions onto others.
Khaibit - An ancient bloodline originating in Egypt who hold a credo of defending Kindred from the shadows by ruling the shadows themselves.
Qedeshah - A matriarchal bloodline whose powers manipulate and empower hearth, home, and haven.
Bak-Ra - An ancient Egyptian bloodline of sun-worshipers who wish to break their curse and emerge into the sun once again.
Brothers of Ypres - A bloodline originating in World War I, whose blood is mixed with chemical poisons from a Diablerist founder. Dr. Jones is of that family.
Iltani - A Babylonian bloodline of grudge-nursing Kindred, whose memories are long and Beasts strong.
Csalad - A Hungarian bloodline with an innate connection to their outdoor territories.
Kuufukuji - A bloodline whose mastery of leashing their own Beast is near-unparalleled. So much so that their most powerful can end the frenzies of other Kindred.
Mnemosyne - A bloodline of Mekhet who are so attached to memory, that they can steal the memories of sleeping Kindred and make them forget, be they old friendships or old rivalries.
Morbus - A line of diseased Kindred whose start was in ancient Rome. They are secretive and shunned.
Norvegi - A bloodline of inbred Kindred, the 'people under the stairs' types of backwoods family. They are of low blood, but their reputation as clean, efficient assassins isn't up to debate.
Osites - A Mekhet bloodline with a connection to death, whose powers can leach truths from the residue of the dead that lingers in Twilight.

That's most of what I could really come up with, for Mekhet bloodlines and general tidbits on what their families are reputed for.

static
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bloodlines - Mekhet Empty Re: Bloodlines - Mekhet

Post  Eleazar Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 am

Happen to know what books these are in?
Eleazar
Eleazar

Back to top Go down

Post  static Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am

As a matter of fact, I do!
Agonistes and Sangiovanni are in Bloodlines: The Chosen.
The Alucinor, the Khaibit, and the Qedeshah are in Bloodlines: The Hidden.
Bak-Ra, Brothers of Ypres, and the Iltani are in Ancient Bloodlines.
The Csalad are in Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners.
The Kuufukuji and the Players (another Mekhet bloodline) are in Bloodlines: The Legendary
The Mnemosyne and Norvegi are in Mekhet: Shadows in the Dark
The Osites are in the Covenant Book: Lancea Sanctum.
The Morbus are in the main Vampire: The Requiem book, as well as Requiem for Rome.

There are a few others that are also Covenant based, like the Lynx (Invictus), Libitinarius and Tismanu (Ordo Dracul) and can be found in their respective Covenant books in the Factions and Bloodlines sections.

If there's any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Very Happy I'm here to help.

And if people want me to make a list of other bloodlines (Ventrue or Daeva perhaps?) I'll be happy to provide them if the interest is there.

static
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Story "the Fray" Teller Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Wow, nice work man, that took a lot of compiling work.
Story
Story "the Fray" Teller
Admin

https://beforesunrise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  static Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks, but it was easier than it seemed. Wikis did most of the work for me, but I'll be happy to take the complimentary credit. Smile

static
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eleazar Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

I think I might pick up the Iltani bloodline...
Eleazar
Eleazar

Back to top Go down

Post  static Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

The Iltani are pretty neat. Mechanically speaking, they gain Animalism to their Discipline lists. Their bloodline drawback is that their Beasts try to come to the fore often. If ever the Iltani fails a Discipline roll, roll 1 die. If that die comes up as 1, you must roll to resist falling into Frenzy.

Additionally, the Iltani have a form of blood magic, similar to Theban Sorcery, Cruac, and Kindred Vodoun, called Mérges Sorcery. It brings the Bloodline's nickname as Vipers to the fore, as their fangs lengthen even further, become hollow, and can fold back much like a viper's, and they can develop a variety of poisons that can mesmerize, paralyze, damage, kill or dement, even against their fellow Kindred. It is a blending of one's Beast and the Blood to fuel that primal anger and predatory instinct into potent toxins. The magic backed by their Beast also allows them to manipulate Vices or even control their own.

All in all, they're an ancient, scheming, and deadly family. Small, secretive, but its better that way for them.

static
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Story "the Fray" Teller Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Yay, more reading for me... Smile

God, I really need to make a second discipline compendium for all the new ones scattered throughout the bloodline, clan, and covenant books.
Story
Story "the Fray" Teller
Admin

https://beforesunrise.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum