Before Sunrise (a V:tR chronicle)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training in the Occult

2 posters

Go down

Training in the Occult  Empty Training in the Occult

Post  Eleazar Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:44 pm

If any of you seek Occult or Mystical training while we await out next activities, please step into my office (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooI5QEi64IA&feature=related NSFW). I know that Arthur was interesting in transcending the limitations of scientific dogma.
Eleazar
Eleazar

Back to top Go down

Training in the Occult  Empty Re: Training in the Occult

Post  static Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Indeed, Dr. Jones would tentatively subject himself to the beginning lessons in learning about the occult. Spiritualism, how humanity has invented as well as perceived things from beyond. And he'll do his damndest to quantify them according to his worldview, but in time, of course, that worldview will change.

static
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eleazar Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 am

Then we begin with the Hebrew Bible. I take Arthur through some of the more telling passages and books, outlining the worship of G-d and some of the pagan rituals of dubious effectiveness. We then move on to latter day mysticism--Kabbalah, the Tarot, the I Ching. I give him a survey of modern mystical and religious thought, and spend a short amount of time describing demonology and the cults that surround the worship of those demons. I am usually quite dogmatic, emphasizing that G-d is one, although there are many paths to reach him. After a few days or a week of this, I trust Arthur has picked up enough of the basics.
Eleazar
Eleazar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down